2

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Thrift Store Treasure


I've mentioned before that I go to the thrift store regularly. Every Saturday I have two main stops, the Salvation Army thrift store and the Habitat Restore. It's always so fun and exciting for me because I never know what I'll find. I may leave the store empty handed but I always go with an open mind. If you go looking for something specific you are likely to overlook a treasure. 


Here is my latest find. They are 30 x 30 solid wood frames with a white mat and glass fronts for $7 each. Now that's a deal. You could pay more than $7 for the print, the glass, the frame or even the mat so this is truly a bargain.


Since they are solid wood I can paint, stain or tile them, add a mirror, change the artwork or maybe frame a really special piece of fabric. They came with black and white photos but I'm not sure of what or where. Maybe they are old photographs of Italy. 




They are most likely just prints but I really bought them for the frames. I've always liked square frames because they are not as common as rectangular frames and are more versatile. These are very simple and plain which is perfect for color or black and white artwork. I don't really know what I will do with them but I'll figure that out later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS