2

Monday, July 9, 2012

Me and my Laundry Room

So it's off to the next project, the yellow laundry room. Why yellow? Why not! It's a bright cheery color that I think would make doing a load of laundry a little more fun or at least less boring. I have limited space in my house so  this room will do double duty as a workroom. It has to be bright, durable,  functional, well organized and still be pretty. All the other rooms on the lower level are gray, white and beige so yellow will be both a pleasant change and a nice compliment.


I've thought about it for some time and have a number of projects planned. 

1. Paint the walls yellow
2. Install gray or white floor
3. Find a new storage bench
4. Window treatments
5. Tackboard
6. Coat hook
7. New Laundry tub
8. Backsplash treatment
9. Reface cabinets
10. Counter over washer/dryer
11. Increase storage 
                                   
Oh man, this sounds ambitious. Now of course I want to do it on the cheap so I have to keep my eye out for bargains and do a lot of the work myself. It also means it will take some time so I have to be patient. When I'm finished I will have a fun, pleasant room to do laundry and a little bit of work. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS