2

Monday, July 30, 2012

Silver Framed Mirror

I wanted a plain, chrome, 24" x 30" mirror for over the vanity in the downstairs bath. Lowe's had a very nice one that was close to what I wanted but it was only 18" wide. I thought that was a little too small so I kept looking. I then found this Southern Enterprise Vogue chrome mirror on Amazon.com that was close but once again it was just a little too small. So now what do I do. Should I just keep searching or
should I settle for something less than what I wanted. I did neither and got creative. I had a 24"x30" inch mirror tucked away in the basement that I never used. All I needed to do was find a silver picture frame. I spotted one at the thrift store for $0.75 but it was still a little too small. I next called around to some of the frame shops in the area and asked if they framed mirrors as well as artwork. I finally found a shop in Lansing Illinois called Van Der Weide's Glass & Mirror that quoted me $68 to frame the mirror. I brought it in, dropped it off and a couple of weeks later I had just what I wanted, a 24" x 30" simple chrome mirror and I love it. There was only one hiccup. I forgot that the light I bought was brushed so I am not crazy about the combo. My son says he digs it but still, it's a detail I missed. It's not too difficult to change down the line so for now I am very happy and satisfied with my custom mirror.  

So today we took down the old mirrored medicine cabinet, installed the light fixture and hung the mirror just to make sure it fit. I still have to paint the wall behind the mirror after repairing the damage done to the wall when we removed the medicine cabinet. 

Well, we are almost there. I can finally see the finished line which is good because I am ready to move on to other projects. All that's left is to paint the wall and buy some new towels. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS