2

Monday, July 16, 2012

Bathroom Update Three

So here are the latest bathroom updates. It's been hard work but we are more than halfway finished. We've painted the walls a medium shade of blue-gray. The paint I originally chose was a pale gray but my son thought it was too light. I disagreed and bought the pale gray anyway and wouldn't you know it, it was the exact same color I had before.
In this case I had to go along with my son and use a darker gray. It's really his bathroom and I didn't want it to be 100% my finish choices. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it) Everything else is so light that a darker gray would add some contrast to the floor and wall tile.
 
The toilet, shower door, shower head and towel bars have all been installed which is great news for me because now I can kick my son out of my bathroom.
 My son really likes simple pieces with square lines so I found a towel bar in my budget that was square. I couldn't get all fixtures with a square detail but I managed to find a few.   
My next update will show the beautiful marble vanity top which I got at a steal from The Habitat Restore for $35. My contractor is working on it now and it looks like it will be gorgeous. Also a custom mirror that I made from an existing mirror that I've had at the house for a few years and simple silver frame. More on that later so stay tuned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS