2

Friday, July 20, 2012

Thrift Store Nightstands

The last few years I've used a TV stand and a small dresser for nightstands. I used to have a matching pair that I got at an estate sale for next to nothing. They were nice little solid oak nightstands but the tops were too small, it had one teeny little drawer and an open shelf that was barely large enough to hold a basket. They just did not suit my needs. I wanted something with more storage and since I am so opposed to buying everything new I kept my eye out for a pair of nightstands that were decent sized with good storage. Finally, on the day i found my marble bathroom top I also found my nightstands. 

They are made of solid pine, have a large top and of course I'm loving the three drawers. They are a little damaged from someone putting out their cigarettes but it's nothing that a little wood filler and sanding can't fix. I paid about $50 for the pair which is more than I wanted to pay but I waited so long to find them. They were still a good price considering they were solid wood. 



The other thing I like are the lines. The material is traditional wood but the plain square feet, top and detailing make it more contemporary. I think it will be a nice compliment to my existing dresser. 


I haven't decided if I want to paint or stain them. It will most likely be paint but picking the color will be the tough part. Do I go neutral or add a little color. Also, should I keep the hardware or replace them with something more modern. Who knows but the answer will come to me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS