2

Monday, June 4, 2012

A Steal for the Bathroom

For the last several months I have been debating whether or not to get a new vanity for the downstairs bathroom. I finally decided to keep the vanity but the jury was still out on whether or not to replace the countertop. 

It currently has a gray Corian top with an ivory bowl and a dingy old single handle faucet both of which have seen better days. I could replace the faucet, definitely, and replace the sink, maybe, but the countertop is in good shape and went with the overall color scheme. What I really wanted was natural stone, preferably granite but I couldn’t find what I wanted that fit within my price range which was between $0 and next to nothing. That was all resolved when over the weekend I found this beauty at Habitat Restore.

                                                 

It is a six foot long white marble top with light gray veining, an ogee edge, cut outs to accommodate an  undermount sink and widespread faucet and I got for a steal at just $35. Can you believe it!!?? SCORE!!! I paid for it right then and there and called my contractor to help me pick it up. A piece like this might normally sell for about $500 so I could not walk away from such a good deal.


The existing vanity counter top is about 32" inches wide with an off center sink because there are drawers on the left side. After we cut the marble to fit the vanity there will be enough left over to use for another application. Not sure what I'll do with it but I can worry about that another day. I can't wait to see it in. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS