2

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Office Idea Board #1

The bathroom is nearly finished and my laundry room redo is well on it's way. The next room I want to tackle after the laundry room is my office. Right now it's painted a bright green but I've lived with it for several years and it needs freshening up. Since I've started blogging I spend a lot of time in my office so I want it to be more inviting. I want it to be a room that I enjoy working in because it's both beautiful and efficient. That's going to take a lot of thought, planning and inspiration. While scanning for ideas I spotted this beautiful office designed by Candice Olsen and featured in Elle Decor that gave me a possible direction for color choice. 

Elle Decor
I love the pale aqua wall color, the light wood desk top, storage system and flooring. The black seating and picture frame, along with the touches of chrome really make up a lovely and serene pallet. My only concern it that it may be too serene. I'm not sure if I should be calmed or more energized in my office so I'm not sold on it yet. I'm not one to jump into a project without thinking it through first so I've decided to put together some idea boards to help me figure out how I could put this look together myself. Does this seem like a good direction to go in?

1. Fabric.com
2. Lamps Plus
3. Container Store Bulletin Board
4. Fabric.com
5. Pottery Barn
6. Pottery Barn
7. Fabric.com 
8. Fabric.com
9. Overstock.com
10. Pottery Barn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS