2

Friday, June 15, 2012

Colorful Walls

Are you a colorphobe? I am, but I really appreciate the beauty of colorful spaces. I have tried using more color in the past but eventually tired of it and ran back to neutrals where I feel more comfortable. Case in point, I painted my bedroom pink once because I thought it was feminine and romantic. I lived with it for a few years but eventually painted it a soft neutral gray-green and immediately felt more at ease. I am slowly finding my way out of my comfort zone but doubt I'll ever be completely cured.  I'm searching for ideas for my office and really want to have some fun with color. If you want to have a colorful room it's a good idea to scan the Internet or clip magazine pictures to get inspired. Here are a few rooms that caught my eye.

This is purple room is pretty but I wonder if a man would be comfortable here.
Elle Decor
The pop of ice blue works well with green. Isn't that a crazy mirror?
Elle Decor
Cozy, cheerful and elegant. The yellow chairs helps to tone done the brightness.
Traditional Home
There are several different shades of teal in this room and they all work well together.
Elle Decor
This is a bright room but may be a bit too much for me. 
Elle Decor
There's nothing to say. Intense. 
Metropolitan Home
This color floats between pink and peach. The Peach tones gives it so much warmth. 
Elle Decor
This is an icy blue room. It's beautiful but I think I would have liked more dynamic artwork. 
House Beautiful

This warm color would be great for my office. I like the brown chairs and rust pillows too.
House & Home
The inlaid mirror is stunning on this teal wall. Looks more like artwork than a mirror.
House Beautiful
B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS