2

Friday, June 29, 2012

Hammered Silver

I love the look of hammered metal especially silver. Serving bowls, vases, candle sticks, platters I love it all. I even love hammered silver jewelry. The texture and brightness of the metal adds elegance to any room and is much brighter than plain polished pieces. Silver is a highly reflective metal anyway but when it's hammered you get a faceted surface like a diamond which reflects more light and adds even more sparkle and shine. I have a couple of small hammered pieces but am keeping my eye open for a silver bowl for my dining room buffet or living room. The other day I picked up a stunning hammered silver bowl at TJ Maxx but immediately set it down when I saw the price. Way too rich for my blood but it was beautiful. I'll keep looking for something in my price range which is as always, $0 or next to nothing. Here are a few beauties to dream about.
                    

   
                                                           
                                      

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS