2

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thriftstore Finds: Door Pulls

The fastest way to update a piece of furniture or cabinets is by adding new hardware. I enjoy shopping for cabinet hardware but the cool ones don't come cheap and if I can't get a deal I don't want to buy it. For instance, my desk has seven drawers with two knobs each. If I left the holes as they are I've have to buy fourteen new knobs. If they cost a minimum $3 each, that's $42. That's more than I paid for this solid wood desk. So whenever I find a deal on hardware I take it. The trick is finding enough pieces so that you don't end up with a bunch of pieces you can't use. 

All of my pulls were $1.50 or less. The latest group I found are these. They are very heavy and solid and probably would have cost $6 to $8 a piece.

My thought was to use them on laundry room cabinets and combine them with a similar door knob. Since I could only find four I will likely use them on the drawer fronts. 

I also love these red pulls. I don't know where I will use them yet, but it will reveal it's self eventually. 
I wanted to use these silver knobs on another set of cabinets I have but I only found nine and I need ten. I may have to combine them with another pull type unless I find one more at the Habitat store. 


Also, I only  bought 1 of this gold pull because they had a ton of them and I don't know if I would use gold pulls for anything. I have to mull it through, but for $0.75 each, I may just grab a few and hold on to them. 

B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS