2

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Living Room Redux: The Plan

I'm determined to make my first project for 2013 redecorating my living and dining rooms. It has been all shades of earth  tones ever since I bought the house and it is need of refreshing. Here is how the living and dining rooms look today. 



So here is the plan:

New Curtains
Replace carpet with wood
Paint 
Buy two matching end tables
Find two matching lamps
Accessorize with what I have at home
Freshen up existing furniture with paint or stain
Make Roxie a new bed


Also I want to give my house a little something special and add a few architectural details such as:

Crown Molding
New taller baseboards
New Door Hardware
Replace the tile Floor
Pot Lights
Add an entry light 

As always, I like to do things on the cheap so I'll shop my thrift stores seeking out bargains. When I find a deal I'll grab it even if I am not ready to use it. Somethings I will be able to tackle myself. Other projects such as adding a new light are best left to the professionals.

I am so ready to get started. Year 2013 is going to be a banging year. Oh yes.

B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS