2

Monday, January 7, 2013

Home Office Ideas

I spend a lot of time in my home office. I work on my blog, pay bills, surf the net, shop, watch a little TV, you name it. Right now it's just a place where I have my desk, laptop, TV and sewing table but I want it to be much more than that. It should be a place I want to be in everyday whether I am relaxing or working. 
I initially thought I wanted an office like this from Candice Olsen but now I am not sure.
Elle Decor
I also really love this yellow and white office from Sarah Richardson. Just plain lovely.
Sarah Richardson
I also love the warmth of this office by Brian Kucharski:
House and Home
How could you not be energized in this light and bright office by Kelly Deck. Check out the pop of pink. 
House and Home
On Sarah 101 it looked as though they painted their office a shade of lavender similar to the curtains in this office designed by Roger Thomas. It really caught my eye and has given me food for thought.
Elle Decor
This is a soothing shade of green chosen for an office designed by Ray Booth and John Shea.
Elle Decor
This office designed by Tommy Smythe features a warm camel wall color, crisp white trim and bold chevron curtains. 
House and Home
This office designed by Git Gustavsson has beautiful, rich, chocolate painted walls. 
House and Home
Suzanne Dimma's seafoam green painted office is just so pretty.
House and Home
My home office has been a somewhat tired shade of green for at least five years. That I haven't painted it by now has got to be some kind of record. It's time for a change.  For the life of me I cannot decide what color I want the room to be. On a dime I can switch from wanting a warm cozy office to something bright and cherry. My thought is to rearrange it to make it more usable for now. Get the plan right and the decorating will come later. So here is my initial plan:

  1. Move file cabinet downstairs
  2. Paint
  3. Paint desk (maybe)
  4. New Lighting
  5. New or revamp window covering
  6. Replace Closet door
  7. Paint sewing table
  8. Improve storage
  9. New Chair
The first order of business is to have a little purge party and get rid of what I don't need. Check out my progress in the coming weeks.

B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS