2

Friday, January 4, 2013

Living and Dining Room: Color Scheme


I may have landed on a color scheme for my living and dining rooms. I've thought about it quite a bit and decided that I wanted to go cooler. Notice I said cooler, not totally cool. I have no intention of buying all new furniture so I will need to work with the warm tones of my existing sofa and dining room set. I also know I want to use a neutral paint because I like to change things up often. By keeping the background neutral I can change the accessories as often as I want and get a whole new look with very little cost or effort. My son will be happy to hear that. Just ask him home many times he's had to paint my living room.

The walls of my living and dining room are going to be gray. There are a thousand different shades of gray that are either cool or warm. I decided on a warm gray because I felt that the cool grays were looking too blue and that was not the direction I wanted to go. Here are the paint choices I've been looking at. 


And here is what I chose.




I think this will keep the room light and will complement my furniture well. For the floors I haven't decided yet on a dark walnut or a light wood like maple but am leaning light. I don't want my furniture and floors to blend together so I am concerned about using a mid tone wood. I also have to keep in mind that my pug sheds a lot and a dark wood would show a lot of hair but light wood might more easily show wear. All things to keep in mind when I shop. 


As for the color scheme I want to find fabrics that are cheery, bright and cool. You can probably tell from this picture what direction I am going in. 

Yep, the bubble glass bottle. I found this gem at Salvation Army thrift store a few months ago and fell in love with it. I thought about using green, coral, light blue or lavender as an accent color but this aqua blue feels most comfortable to me. So that's it. My living room will be shades of tan, white, light gray, and aqua. 

Now I am on the hunt for fabrics. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS