2

Monday, January 21, 2013

Living Room Update 2

My glorious son started painting the living room for me. Ain't he sweet. Now, I am not a painting aficionado, I just kind of get the paint up on the wall with as few splatters as possible. The one thing I should have done, but didn't, was paint the ceiling first. I was too anxious to get the color up to see if I liked it because it takes me a long time to adjust to a new paint color. 

Walls first was probably not the best decision, but it will work out in the end. Now that it's up I am very happy with it much to my sons delight. It's a light soft gray and it's on the warm side. It instantly made the room feel open and airy which is important because my rooms are small. 



When I get around to installing the wood floor, hang new curtains and add the accessories, this room will really start to come together. Time to shop for the flooring. This may take a while because I want hardwood but I have to keep in mind the cost and durability. I've got one shot at this so it has to be right. All I know for now is that I can't wait to take up that carpet.

B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS