2

Monday, January 14, 2013

Office Idea: Yellow

I have narrowed down the colors I am considering for my office to four: Camel, light aqua, gray-green, and gray-lavender. First up is camel. Camel is a darker less intense shade of yellow. Yellow is an energizing color but I don't want it to feel like it 7am when it's really 10pm. I think camel will give me the same energy without being too bright. 

Below is the scheme I am looking at. Very pretty and fresh.

1. Camel Paint color

No matter what color I choose I don't have funds to add all new furniture and will reuse as many pieces as possible that I already own. For the window treatments I will either install a roman blind or a simple valance instead of curtains. My desk sits right underneath a window and I have found that curtains just get in the way. I have a blue Steelcase desk chair that I got for a steal years ago. It's well made, very comfortable and I want to change the fabric and reuse it. Then again I might opt to splurge on a new chair because I am really digging this white leather chair from Overstock.com. 

Wonder what the aqua would look like. Stay tuned.

B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS