2

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thrisftstore Thursday - Decorative Apothecary Jars

This weekend the Salvation Army Thriftstore was having a 50% off knick-knack sales. This is my favorite time to shop. It's amazing how much more attractive an item can be when it's half off an already cheap price. Half off takes it from so-so to no way am I passing up on this deal. One of my favorite things to purchase is apothecary jars. They come in so many different sizes there always a ton of things you can do with them. I have them all over my house so I thought I would pass on a few ideas on how to use them. Here are five decorative uses for apothecary jars

Try adding colorful seashells. I got these at the dollar store for a dollar a bag. 

Plain white seashells are timeless and classy.

Who doesn't have a bag of glass pebbles. If not, buy a bag that matches your decor. They're only a few bucks, come in a wide array of colors and can be found at any craft store. 

Also try a little potpourri. Again, get a color that matches your decor so you can change it out by the season. 

Don't forget simple beach pebbles. Remember the stones Erica collected off the beach in Something's Gotta Give.

Tip: When adding glass pebbles or shells it's not necessary to fill up the whole jar. I place a small diameter glass in the middle of the jar and just fill around it. No one will ever see it and it certainly costs less than filling the whole jar. If you don't have a glass, a water bottle works just as well. 



Do you have Apothecary jars around your house. How do you use them?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS