2

Thursday, March 8, 2012

We go, We go!

When I was a kid my brothers and I would occasionally drive from Chicago to Moline with my parents. We’d all pile in the car and my dad would say, “We go, we go”! Something about that saying always excited me. It meant every thing was set and it’s time to start our journey.  

I have wanted to start a blog for a long time. It wasn’t until I noticed that lots of folks were starting blogs with my ideas and I got really angry with myself. The only difference between us was that they had the gumption to get out there and do what I’ve only talked about. No more talking about it. It’s time to just do it and join the fun. 

I’m happiest when I’m being creative. I like taking used and abused items from thrift stores, garage sales and estate sales and make them look better than when I found them.  I enjoy scanning the internet and seeing the work of other bloggers and am totally inspired by their creations. I hope one day they will allow me to link to their sites. Some of their work is so beautiful that I want to share it with everyone I know. 

Part of why it’s taken so long to get started is I wanted my blog to be perfect and polished out the gate. I’ve come to realize that if I wait until all the details are worked out I may never get started. So be forewarned, the first few months of my posts may be crude but at least it’s a start and something I can build on. No more waiting, no excuses, no procrastination. Let’s get the party started.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS