2

Friday, March 23, 2012

Mirror Makeover


Isn’t this a pretty mirror. Notice anything missing. Right, the mirror. I bought it from HomeGoods for $20 bucks because it was missing the mirror. I loved the filigree cut outs and decided I could do something with it but couldn't decide exactly what. I decided that it was too small to be truly functional so I decided to make it more of a decorative piece. 



I spray painted it silver and then went on the hunt for a round mirror. I had hoped to find one at the thrift store but after a few months had no success. Eventually I found them in the wedding section at Hobby Lobby. They are normally used as wedding centerpieces but they still suited my purpose. I attached the mirror with mirror adhesive and since the opening was a little smaller I filled in the gap around the edges with clear silicone. To give it a little extra zip I attached clear marbles all around the edge which also helped to hide the gap. 

Here is the final product. 

I'm not so sure I'm happy with the silver so I may paint over it again someday but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS