2

Friday, March 9, 2012

Crystal Lamps

I have a thing for crystal table lamps. New or old I love them and my favorites are the old bell shaped crystal lamps your grandmother may have had.  One of my favorite places to shop for them is at the thrift store and whenever I see one I have a hard time not buying it. I love the way they add sparkle and shine to a bedroom. Most crystal lamps I find at the thrift store have a brassy gold trim. I really don’t like the gold because it can be a little harsh so eventually I will paint the bases to bring them up to date. I haven’t decided if I want silver, white, black, or a softer shade of gold. Also I would like to change out the shades. I like to reuse what I already have so I’ll get creative with my own shades and add some type of embellishment or be on the lookout for a bargain. Here is a sample of what I’ve collected so far.
I'd love some ideas for transforming these. Think I'll check out what's happening around the blogosphere. Stay tuned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS