2

Monday, May 21, 2012

Yellow is Mellow

I’ve decided to paint my laundry room yellow. I love this sunny bright color and the way it livens up any room. Finding the right one proved to be a challenge. Just ask my son who partially painted it three times because the color was too lemony or too camel or even too peach. I finally settled on a medium yellow tone that is not too lemony but still bright and sunny. The color changed at different times of day and looked dramatically different from wall to wall so I had to sit with it a couple of days to get used to it. I am happy with what I chose much to my sons delight or should I say relief. I've only partially painted two walls so I don't have any pictures to share with you but I will soon. If you are thinking of painting a room in your home yellow, here are some photos that may inspire you.

Better Homes and Garden


Better Homes and Garden 2012


Elle Decor


Elle Decor


Emily Henderson HGTV


House Beautiful March 2012

Velvet Hammerschmidt HGTV

Metropolitan Home



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS