2

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Laundry Day


The downstairs bathroom is coming along nicely and I hope to be finished in a few weeks. Right now my son is using my bathroom and I'm sorry to say I don't like to share. The next room I want to work on is the laundry room. I have several projects planned such as a fresh coat of paint, new curtains, better storage, maybe a back splash treatment and certainly a new floor. I’m thinking of installing either ceramic, peel and stick vinyl or linoleum. I may rule out ceramic because of the cost. You can buy ceramic for $1 or less, but you also have to consider the cost of the mortar and grout. The room is about 300 sq. ft. so it would cost between $400 and $500. I don’t think I want to go that road so it will probably be either vinyl or linoleum. I think with a little head start from my contractor I can handle either of these myself. For linoleum I'm considering a  two tone checkerboard pattern either in two shades of gray or gray and white. For the peel and stick I am looking at a stone looking gray. Here are some laundry rooms that have inspired me.

This pale blue color give the room a nice airy feel. The metal shelf supports are a nice idea if you have open shelving. 
Better Homes and Gardens
 This yellow laundry room is so bright and sunny. If you are stuck in the house doing laundry in the middle of winter this room is sure to cheer you up. 
Better Homes and Gardens
 Painting the cabinets a non-white neutral is an interesting idea. The bead board cabinet fronts are nice too. Check out the back splash, I wonder how long that took. 
Better Homes and Gardens
 I like the combination of the gray countertop and white cabinet. The window treatment is lovely too. Is that wood floor really vinyl?
House and Home

The all white room is nice. It's the small details I like such as the green glass knobs, the metal stool, the farmhouse sink and the glass front cabinets. 
The Hampton Designs
 This gray and white checkerboard patterned floor is really crisp.
House and Home
 This color green is so fresh and I like the combination open and closed shelving. My laundry room has a similar layout. 
Style at Home
 I'm looking forward to getting started, but don't have a lot of money to spend. I will have to be patient and keep an eye out for bargains. 

B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS