2

Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy Accidents


After months of trying to decide on what accent tile to use for my bathroom shower I opted for a watery blue glass and marble mosaic tile. They were $12 bucks a sq ft so I could only afford a few sheets. A few days later my contractor and I were all set to install the tile and when I opened the box I realized it was the wrong tile. Oh man! Now I would have to put my project on hold and go back to store to sort it out. Before I did I decided to see how it looked in the bathroom. Good decision, because it looked great. It is at least as beautiful if not more so than what I had previously chosen. It has white frosted and gray glass tiles with marble and silver metallic accents. It tied the grays in well with the white and would work with any color I painted the bathroom. Also, if I remembered correctly, it was a little more expensive than what I had picked. 


I am glad the store made the mistake and chose the tile for me. The lesson I learned with this experience is that you should  always check what you purchase before you leave the store. Second lesson learned was check to see if what you got is at least as good if not better than what you wanted. You could be surprised by the outcome. It worked out well for me this time, but I won't make that mistake again.
                        

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS