2

Monday, May 7, 2012

Chrome Faucets Everywhere

We're starting to wrap things up in the downstairs bathroom so I've been shopping for a chrome faucet. Ever notice when a woman puts on a cute outfit, does her makeup and styles her hair her look is never quite finished until she puts on the jewelry. If she chooses to wear a shiny pair of earrings instantly her face seems brighter and her look is more finished or polished. That's what a chrome faucet does. It finishes the look of your bathroom. It adds sparkle and shine more so than any other finish and really dresses up a bathroom.  

Most faucets are either centerset, wide spread or single handle but there are other styles like wall mounted and waterfall which are mainly used with vessel sinks. They also come in other finishes like bronze and nickel but for me chrome is the best. 




For my bathroom I want to have a little fun with the faucet. I still have to keep a reign on the spending but I don't have to choose a run of the mill crystal handle faucet.  I checked out the local home improvement stores and saw several nice faucets but I wanted to see more and decided to shop on line. OMG!. There are 1001 different manufacturers, finishes and styles to choose from. I felt like Robin Williams in Moscow on the Hudson when he saw all the coffee coffee cans in the grocery store and became overwhelmed.    

                          
I had no idea faucets had come so far and could cost so much. Some of them looked like something out of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Others didn't look like faucets at all but more like sculpture. Here are some of the faucets that caught my eye. 

                                     
Single Hole
Widespread
I am no where near making a decision but I am having fun shopping. 

B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS