2

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bathroom update

We finally started working on the bathroom. The shower tile and walls have been removed along with the shower base. We put up new insulation, a layer of plastic and Durarock panels to make sure it was water proof. The shower is not completed yet so I have no finished pictures. Here are the before and during. 

                                           
Next step is to put up the wall tile. I opted to go with a 6" x 6" white field tile and will punch it up  with a border of gray and white mosaic accent tile. It has 1/2" white marble and watery blue green glass accents that will give the bathroom just enough color and still keep it light and bright. The floor tile is medium gray porcelain with flecks of green and white. I wanted a frameless shower door but that just wasn't in the budget. I chose instead a semi-frameless door with a chrome frame from Arizona Shower Doors. It wasn't exactly my first choice but was a good compromise. I spotted a super sharp chrome mirror at Lowe's but at 18" wide I felt it is a little small. It's a really simple plain mirror which I thought would be perfect since I want to keep everything pared down and crisp. I'm hoping to find something a little large but still within my budget so I'll keep looking. The toilet is a high efficiency, chair height, white, elongated toilet from Kohler. I've purchased two toilets in the last two years and the Kohler out performed the other by far. Last, I found a simple three light lamp for over the vanity. The price was great but even though it is not polished I still think it will work. I decided to keep the existing vanity but will replace the sink. The vanity is white and has a gray and white Corian top. I really want a granite top but it will just have to wait. I'm shopping for a  square white sink with either a single or 4" spread chrome faucet. I haven't found what I want yet but I'm sure I will. Oh, and believe it or not, I still haven't settled on a paint color. More to come and soon I hope.

        





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS