2

Monday, January 13, 2014

Vase Redo

I love a simple classic white vase. It comes in such a wide variety of shapes and sizes and I really love the textured vases you often see in stores and DIY blogs. I shopped on line and decided why spend $50 bucks for a new one when I can take something I already own and update it. 
 Pottery Barn
Pottery Barn
I have had this red vase for about ten years. It's a good size and shape but I am bored with the color. A quick update with a coat of white paint will do the trick. 
Before painting I had to rough it up a bit with sand paper because it has a glossy finish. As always, I then added a coat of primer. If I don't prime, I don't paint. Your finish coat will just scratch off.
I couldn't decide if I wanted a creamy white or a pure white but opted for the pure white.
 I have to tell you that when the primer dried it looked so good I decided to paint it a matte white instead of the gloss.
I put two coats of matte spray paint and a coat of matte sealer and I was good to go.
 
Cost of updating a an old vase? $3 for the primer and $3 for the paint. Good deal.
I like this much better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS