2

Monday, January 6, 2014

Ready for Wood Floors

I want wood. Isn't that what my girl Nicole Curtis would say on Rehab Addict. Well I agree. I watch her show every week and DVR the episodes so I can re-watch when I want. She is such an inspiration. I wish I had half her gumption. All of her homes are beautiful, but what she did with the Minnehaha house was a wonder. Brava. 
Nicole Curtis - Minnehaha House
I have had carpet throughout my house for ever and it is so hard to keep clean. When you have a dog, especially a pug who eats, sleeps and sheds all day,  your realize it's a lot easier to sweep a wood floor than it is to vacuum. I've never installed a wood floor before so I read up on it and found this article on Houzz helpful. So now I have to decide on what type of wood. I'm thinking I will stick with the tried and true oak but am considering maple. 
Melissa Miranda

I like this too, except that my furniture is brown and I don't intend to buy a new sofa. 
HGTV
I like this color wood too, though I wouldn't go any darker than this.
Tiek Built Homes
As I shop, here are some of my questions:

Oak, maple or walnut?
Engineered or Solid
How much will I need?
Cost per square foot installed?
Does the install remove and re-install the baseboards?
If so, is this an additional cost?
How long does it take to install
Where to buy?

Here are a few wood samples I am looking at.
I absolutely love the dark walnut stain but that just will not work in my house. The pug factor along with having a small living room kinda rules that out. I 'm leaning towards the maple or natural oak. Since these floors are permanent, I will take my time and decide. Hmm. This make take a while.

Do you have wood floors? If so, what type of wood. Somebody help me decide.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS