2

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Starting Anew


“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” — 
-John Pierpont Morgan

It's January. Cold, snowy, and to paraphrase Judy Holliday in Bells are Ringing, the partying is over. It's the start of a new year and the time everyone wants to start fresh or improve their life. My goals for 2014 are getting healthier, surprise surprise, managing my finances better, being a better sister, daughter, mother and friend and restarting my blog. 

I have wanted to restart my blog for awhile and seriously, what better time is there than January. Before restarting it, I took some time to reflect on why it wasn't successful the last time. It wasn't the growing pains that accompany a new blog such as not knowing what the heck you're doing, the poor quality of the photographs or poor writing. These are all things that improve with experience and time. Time. Time and time management was and is my biggest obstacle. When you work a full time job as I do and commute 90 minutes each way, sometimes when you come home after a long stressful day all you can think about is dinner, a shower and sleep. Blogging, whether you do it full time or part time, is work. Paid or not it is still work. It's work that brings me joy. What I learned is that I can't allow the things I have to do, aka employment, prevent me from doing those things I want to do, blogging. My first goal is to manage my time more efficiently so this month I will blog about having better organization in my home and my life. 

“So what do we do? Anything. Something. 
So long as we just don't sit there. 
If we screw it up, start over. Try something else. 
If we wait until we've satisfied all the uncertainties, it may be too late. 
- Lee Iacocca” 

So it's January, the holiday's are over, it's cold outside and I am excited about my blog again. My home is important to me and though my resources are limited I still want it to shine. I will use my blog to share with you my ideas on how you can take what you already own or can get on the cheap, give it an update and use it to make your house the home you want it to be. I know today my blog may be a little rough around the edges, but time will smooth them out. Time and a good sander.

Remember, it's never to late to start over.

B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS