2

Monday, January 29, 2018

Thrifty Find - Garden Stones

I ran into my sister's in law sister at Home Depot some time ago. We got to chatting about yard work and such and she mentioned that she had these "things" in her yard that were really heavy, flat and kind of round but she thought they were ugly and wanted to get rid of them. I assumed they were garden stones. Whatever they were, they were free so I told her I would be happy to take them off of her hands. That weekend I sent my son over to her house to pick them up and this is what he brought back.




She was right about the ugly part. I have to admit I have never seen anything like them and I'm not sure what to do with them. I'm thinking either a mosaic, or paint them bright colors. I even thought about painting them with glow in the dark paint. I'm planning on doing some landscaping this year and will use them somehow but am not am not sure exactly where. 

I love mosaics so I am thinking about going this route. Using a single tile color for each one that follows the shape of the stepping stone is a thought. It would be easy to do and be a little more fun than just paint. I would love to get some ideas because I am stumped. 

If anyone has an idea of what I can do with them I would love to hear it. Please help.

Cheers!!

Barbara

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS