2

Monday, January 8, 2018


On general principal I go to the Habitat Restore and the Salvation Army store about once a week. I am always on the look out for great used furniture and often find they are of much better quality than what you find in the stores today. The trouble I have is stopping myself from buying too many pieces because I just don't have the space. 

Having said that I recently found two ivory wing back chairs at the Habitat Restore. I was concerned I might not have the space in my living room but I knew I had to have them. Seldom are you able to find two of anything at a thrift store. Try finding two of the same lamps, nightstands or end tables the next time you go. Whenever I have found two of something I grab them right away because it's rare. There was little sign of wear on these chairs. There was no dirt, no rips and only a few minor scratches on the legs. In fact, for white chairs they looked nearly brand new. I checked the label and they were from Wicks Furniture Showroom which was a good quality furniture store that has since closed.  



These chairs are very comfortable and the tone on tone ivory fabric with a leaf design and dark stained legs make them a perfect choice for any room. The way the fabric was woven gives them a lot of texture and even little shimmer. I've considered using them as end chairs for my dining table but my dining room is really to small. 


I paid $40 a piece and would guess that wing back chairs of this quality brand new would be $200-300 a piece. I am so pleased with my purchase. They are beautiful chairs and I just love them. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS