2

Tuesday, January 2, 2018


Boy have I been away a long time. A lot has changed in my life and all of it was unexpected. I have to say 2017 was an interesting year. I'm living with an adult son who is struggling to find a job and with my mother that is pushing 80. Truth be told I am happy they are around me but this is not where I imagined myself 10 years ago. In some ways it is proving to be a challenge for all of us but we are making it work. 


I've decided to restart my blog mainly because I want to connect with the outside world again and do something for myself. I have a lot of plans for my life this year, aka a bucket list. A bucket is kind of a long term version of a new years resolution. I think it's good to have so you remember what you want for yourself. If at the end of the year you are able to scratch anything off then you'll feel good about you. If you are unable to accomplish many or any of them then you have something to shoot for next year. I may not be able to accomplish them all but if I accomplish any of them I will be a happy camper. 

One thing I want to do differently with my blog this time is keep it simple but open it up. It's not only about my house but also about my life. It's about my desire to improve it, about the joys and struggles of living with three generation. It's about making my home comfortable for me and my family and about trying to enjoy my life and live it to its fullest. 

So I am back at it and I'm ready to do this thing.

Happy New Year to you all. Here's to a great 2018.

Cheers.

Barbara

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS