2

Monday, January 22, 2018

Thriftstore Finds: Laundry Room Cabinets

Man did I catch a deal. I had been looking for something to replace my laundry room cabinets. I had moved my base cabinet around several times and eventually it fell apart. I first visited the Habitat Restore where you can almost always find good quality used cabinets but often you would have to buy the whole set. I really only needed one replacement base cabinet but would be open to replacing all of them if I found a good enough deal. After several attempts I could not find anything I liked and thought I may just have to pay a little more. 

After not finding what I needed I decided to go to the local Menard's store to get some nice inexpensive cabinets. I  had purchased some previously for my moms house and they turned out pretty nice so I thought this would be a good place to start. I priced them out and to replace all the cabinets would cost about $700. I did not want to pay this much because it is just a laundry room but frankly I was tired of looking. 


After several unsuccessful trips to Habitat and really just being tired of seeing everything I had stored in the broken cabinet sitting on the floor I decided to go ahead and buy the Menard's cabinets. I set out on Saturday afternoon to purchase the cabinets but thought I would take one more stab at Habitat and boy I'm glad I did. 

Habitat was having  a huge sale. All kitchen cabinets were $5 each! Cough cough, choke choke, say what?? I rushed to the back hoping against hope that I would find something, anything close to what I needed and low and behold I found these.





They were at least as good if not better than what I had. I didn't know if they would fit but I had a pretty good idea they would. Frankly even if they didn't I would make them fit. Besides if it was a lost cause I would only be out $5. As soon as I saw them I ripped off the tags and ran up front to pay. OK, I didn't exactly run but I did hurry. I told the cashier I wanted the three cabinets. She rang them up, tagged them SOLD so finally I could relax. Needless to say there were a bunch of people looking at cabinets so I wanted to get mine immediately.  


I still cannot believe I got 3 cabinets for $15.00. That's what you call a steal. My next challenge is to find a counter top. The base cabinet is smaller than what was here before so I will need to find a new one. Hopefully I can get another great deal. Back to Habitat next week.

Cheers!

Barbara


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS