2

Monday, December 15, 2014

Decorating for Christmas

I so look forward to decorating the house for Christmas. I get to be creative and change up the scenery and just enjoy being festive and generous with loved ones. So this weekend I put up my Christmas decorations, set a pretty table and of course put up the Christmas tree. I still need to put up my wreaths so I'll work on that next. It can be hard work so I just need a little breather. 

I didn't want to spend too much money so I took a look around the house to see what I could re-purpose and only bought a few new ornaments. Instead of purchasing a new tablecloth or table runner I re-purposed some old curtains. Remember fabric is fabric. Shower curtains, drapes, tablecloths and cloth napkins all started out as just yards of fabric.  
I've held on to these ivory curtains for several years. I no longer wanted them for curtains but knew eventually I would find a use for the fabric. They have a velvety texture with a shadow stripe and were the perfect length and width for a table runner. Sorry about the shadows in my photographs. I have very poor lighting in my house and this time of year we don't get much sunshine. Note to self. Read up on how to eliminate unwanted shadows.
Anyway, to make it even more colorful and festive I layered it with a light blue table runner I already owned. Talk about a no sew project. 
To finish off the table I added some branches to a glass vase surrounded by some aqua potpourri 
and hung a few glittery bulbs on the branches. 


 The final touch was to add my DIY napkins.



Happy Holidays!!



Barbara


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS