2

Monday, October 1, 2012

Touches of Fall for the House

Now that fall is officially here it's time to add a few warm touches around the house. No need to break the bank. Take a trip to the dollar store, outside to the yard or certainly to craft stores and you will find plenty to inspire you. Hobby Lobby, Michael's and JoAnn's Fabrics are always having sales. I've had this beautiful tortoise shell vase for years. I just added a few packages of Eucalyptus stems that I picked up at the local dollar store for, of course $1 a piece, and it's an instant update for my console. 

I also swapped out my crystal candlesticks for these beautiful amber colored ceramic holders. I love the curvy shape, the detailing and how they gleam. Wooden or rustic style candle holders would be a nice touch too. I may have to bring the crystal back out for Christmas. I love the shimmer glass brings.  
 
 
Add baskets and vases with assorted flowers in warm shades of red, rust,  purple and orange. There are a wide variety of Mums out now which I believe is the official flower of fall. I chose to add to the buffet a grouping of pumpkins and gourds next to the candle holders.
This basket is from a fruit and cheese gift basket sent to a co-worker last Christmas. He was going to toss the basket so I offered to take it off his hands. You can always use a new basket and I knew this one would come in handy. 

You can even swap out mirrors. I had this lovely round filigree mirror near my front door that several months ago I painted silver....
......and I replaced it with a warmer wood mirror.
 
Now that I've changed my table tops, I think I need new pillows. Time to shop for fabric to update the sofa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS