2

Monday, February 17, 2014

Another lamp update

I know I've said it before, but I have a sad lamp obsession. Truly, I seldom see a lamp that I hate because I know most flaws can be resolved with a good coat of paint. My favorites are crystal lamps but really, it doesn't matter. I found these two lamps at a thrift store and fell in love with the the gray glass and the shape of the wooden body. They are in sad shape but at $8 it's worth taking a stab at repairing and updating. 
Over the next couple of months I will take on that project but for now I'll update a pair I already own. These two buffet lamps are just dull and dark to me. I really want to lighten them up. 
I found a can of Krylon metallic paint in Caramel Latte on clearance and thought it would go pretty well with the lampshades I already owned. I didn't have the shade with me so had to guess at the color. I guessed well because the color is bang on. 
This project was really fairly easy. As always I sprayed the lamps with a coat of primer, let them dry for an hour and then applied two coats of paint allowing the coats to dry completely in between. The next day I followed up with a coat of sealer and let them dry for a couple of days before touching them to avoid finger prints. 
I reattached the lampshade and in just a few short hours on the weekend I've got a set of updated buffet lamps that look better than new. 
If you have a lamp you've updated please send me a picture. I'd love to see them.

Barbara

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS