2

Friday, August 3, 2012

For Your Consideration - Gray

Lately I have been smitten with the color gray. Gray walls, floors, furniture, lighting, fabric or pretty much anything. I am in love with it's versatility and softness and there seems to be an unlimited number or shades to choose from. Gray can take center stage and be the dominant color in a room or just as easily be the backdrop for brighter more vibrant colors. It also works very well with other neutrals like black and white or cream which I think is the prettiest combination. I once painted my living room a light gray that was borderline blue. I was not happy with it so I am a little reluctant to go down that road again. Having said that I think I can do a better job this time. I learned from that experience that you have to think your design ideas through, decide on a look and commit to it. If you only go halfway it won't work. Here are some really pretty gray rooms rooms that inspire me. 

I like the gold accents in this room. I would have only thought to use silver but this gold mirror looks so pretty with the gray walls. 
Elle Decor

The yellow accent is nice but not right for my living room. The rug....gorgeous! And did you catch the tiger covered chairs.

Love this warmer shade of gray. The oak wood cabinet looks perfect against it.
Better Homes and Gardens

The black accent furniture is a nice touch. Wonder if I can work a black piece into my living room. They say you should have at least a touch of black in every space.
Better Homes and Gardens

The gray and cream combination is simply lovely. I am in love with the tables. If I could find just one of those chairs at an estate sale consider it sold.

I really like the mix of colors in this room. The golds, blues, turquoise and warm wood color work so well with the neutral gray. This is a room I could live in. 
Elle Decor

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS