2

Wednesday, January 20, 2016


Recently at the thrift store I made a few wonderful scores. I absolutely love this bamboo accordion style wine rack. It thought it was faux bamboo but it looks like the real thing. The color is warm and golden so I don’t want to paint it.  It is probably something I don’t really need but I could possibly use it for display or maybe I’ll get into wine. It would be a stunner if I had a long enough counter or a bar area in my house.
It was marked $6.95 and with the 50% off sale it was only $3.50. Love it. It makes me wish I had a bar stand or a bar cart. I always thought there was something classy about a bar cart with a gleaming silver ice bucket and crystal bottles of liquor. Reminds me of an old David Niven or Cary Grant movie from the 1950s. My other thought was to use it in a gift basket with a bottle or two of wine or a set of wine glasses. I would hate to see it dumped at the thrift store again because someone couldn’t appreciate how special it is.

I also found this gorgeous white porcelain vase with white iridescent ginkgo leaves.  This too was on clearance for $3.50. I am not sure how it was made but the detail is fabulous. When I find something special I typically see if I can find it on line just to get an idea of it's value but I couldn't find it. I’ve been collecting white vases and pitchers and this will be a great addition.
Last I found this little gizmo. It's a wooden holder that I suppose can be used for candles, a small vase with flowers or even colored bulbs. It would also make a great gift holder with a bottle of wine. I love giving gifts in packages that can be reused for something else.  
That's all I have for this week. I'll be headed there again this weekend. I never know what treasures are waiting for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS