2

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Inspirational Winter Decor

It took some time but I finally put away all the Christmas and holiday decorations. Now that it's done I looked around my house and my first thought was glad that’s done. My second thought was, now what? It’s easy to forget that although the holiday season is over winter has only just begun. We have at least three long months of cold snowy weather to get through and if you live in the Midwest it could be even longer. 

It gets a little chilly on the main floor in my home so I want to at least make it look warm and cozy by adding a few throw blankets and fluffy pillows. Add a cup of coffee and the latest issues of my decor magazine and all that's left is to curl up on the sofa and stay warm because it's way to cold to go out. 

I checked out my favorite stores and websites like Z Gallerie and Target to get inspired. My brother told me I am into shabby chic because I have a lot of white furniture. I don't think that is quite accurate but I do like a clean, simple look with neutrals and lots of texture. Here are some pieces that I took a fancy to.

  1. Z Gallerie candles
  2. Deco 79 basket
  3. Z Gallerie throw
  4. Target pillow
  5. Target throw
  6. Target throw
  7. Z Gallerie pillow
  8. Overstock.com candle holder
Before I go making any new purchases I'll take a look around the house and see what I already own and what I can reuse. I'll even take a trip over to the thrift store because I am sure to find something I can use for $1 or $2. It's getting cold and I fear the roads will get icy so off to the stores I go before it's too late.

How did you cozy up your home for winter?

B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 MY HOME IN THE HEIGHTS